This time of year is all about new beginnings, opportunities to make yourself and your life better. Why not get a brand new start on your smile? If you are missing teeth, now is the time to consider getting the best that dental restoration has to offer with dental implants in Flagstaff. Take advantage of the new year and all these great benefits to give you more confidence in your smile not just for the coming year but for years to come.
Why is dental restoration important?
When a tooth is removed, it influences more than just how you look. It causes several negative effects on your oral health. These include the following:
- Shift in teeth to compensate for the gap left by the missing tooth.
- More pressure placed on the remaining teeth, potentially leading to more dental work in the future.
- Loss of gum tissue volume and jawbone density, which can cause changes in the shape of the face and additional tooth loss.
You have several restoration options to choose from, but the one that addresses all of these ill effects is dental implant-supported restoration.
Why should I get dental implant restoration right now?
If you’ve been waiting to restore your smile, especially because of the cost, now is a great time to pull the trigger. Most dental insurances operate based on the calendar year, meaning that they start fresh in January, and their yearly maximum resets. Your dentist in Flagstaff will be able to provide specific information about how much your insurance will contribute to the cost of dental implants, but now could be your time to save money on dental implant treatment.
What are the benefits of dental implant restoration?
Dental implants have many advantages over their restoration counterparts, including the following:
- Natural feeling. Compared to other restoration options, dental implants more closely resemble the natural structure of teeth. Therefore, you get a more natural feeling when you bite or speak.
- Security and stability. Dental implants are anchored to the supporting bone, making them the most stable restoration option available.
- Improved oral health. Because the implant mimics the natural tooth root structure, it also supports the remaining gum tissue. As it fuses with the jawbone, the implant stimulates the bone to maintain its density, promoting your oral wellbeing.
- Independence. Unlike other tooth restoration solutions, dental implants do not affect the surrounding teeth, making it easier to avoid needing future dental treatment.
- Durability. Dental implants last longer than other restorations because they provide more support for the tooth prosthetics. With proper maintenance, dental implants can last for 30 years or even for life.
- Long-term savings. When you consider their longevity, dental implants can be the wiser financial choice in the long term.
- Self-confidence. You can eat, speak, and smile without worrying about your restorations slipping or moving.
For this new year and for many years to come, you really should consider getting dental implants. With all the benefits and timing for insurance, there’s no better time to act than now. Start by scheduling an appointment with your dentist in Flagstaff to talk about dental implants.
About the Author
Practicing dentistry since 1986, Dr. John Bacon has the knowledge and experience to help all patients in their dental needs. At Flagstaff Downtown Dental, he and his staff are prevention oriented. He knows how to help get patients to good oral health and how to maintain healthy smiles with minimal future dental issues in the future. To contact him, you can call (928) 774-1168 or click here.