You’ve got a very important event coming up – your wedding day – and the last thing you want people to see is a mouth full of teeth that are plagued with chips, cracks, and discoloration. You don’t want to look back at your wedding pictures 20 years from now and be disappointed in your smile, do you? So, what can you do? The solution is cosmetic dentistry in Flagstaff. In fact, the team at Flagstaff Downtown Dental can give you a smile that will make your special day even more beautiful. Find out what kinds of services are offered that can take your smile from drab to fab in no time at all!
What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
Both Dr. John Bacon and Dr. Benjamin Stowell are dedicated to improving patient smiles. Alongside a dedicated team of professionals, they can give you the type of smile you want using various methods and treatments, each with their own advantages.
When looking for a dentist in Flagstaff who offers cosmetic dentistry services, you should make sure you are seeing someone who is qualified to perform various treatments that address the aesthetics of your smile. Much of the same educational background is the same as a dental professional who focuses on the overall health of your oral cavity; however, a cosmetic dentist oftentimes has additional training in specific areas of dentistry.
What Types of Services Can Improve the Appearance of a Smile?
There are many different services associated with cosmetic dentistry, each providing beneficial and dramatic results. While you might not qualify for every method of treatment, there is no doubt, a viable solution Dr. Bacon and Dr. Stowell can use to transform your smile. Some of the treatments offered at Flagstaff Downtown Dental include:
- Porcelain Veneers – Using ultra-thin coverings, porcelain veneers are placed over the tooth enamel’s surface. They can hide chips, cracks, gaps between teeth, stains, discoloration, and even minor alignment issues. Porcelain veneers are designed to truly transform your smile. You can eliminate your imperfect smile and replace it with results that will have friends and family in awe.
- Metal-Free Restorations – If your tooth is in need of a dental crown because of decay or damage, our dental team can make it possible to improve your oral health and your overall facial appearance without the use of amalgam. Using metal-free restorations, patients who once suffered from allergies and sensitivities to metal can now have a natural-looking smile. Using all-ceramic crowns and zirconia crowns, you will have a longer-lasting restoration that is durable and difficult for others to see.
- Direct Bonding – If porcelain veneers seem more invasive than what you prefer, cosmetic bonding is a great alternative. Much less advanced than veneers, this type of procedure can cover various cosmetic flaws and is more cost-effective. Using a composite resin that is matched to your natural tooth color, we will remove the damaged or decayed area before carefully etching the tooth. Applying a thin coat of the composite resin, we will begin to shape and sculpt it. A curing light is used to harden the resin into place.
- Teeth Whitening – Stains and discoloration can leave you wanting more from your smile, which is why teeth whitening by the Flagstaff Downtown Dental team is a great solution. Using a customized at-home whitening kit, you can achieve beautiful, brighter results in as little as two weeks!
- Gum Recontouring – If it’s not your teeth that are keeping you from enjoying your smile, Dr. Bacon can reshape your gums in a way that improves your appearance. Whether you have “stubby” teeth or a “gummy” smile, we can use our soft tissue laser to gently and quickly remove a small amount of gum tissue to create a healthier smile!
If you’re unhappy with your smile and are ready to make a change, let our dental professionals help you. With so many treatments available, you can rest assured there will be a beneficial solution for your individual needs.
About the Author
Dr. John Bacon completed his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Pacific in 1982. He then went on to graduate with his doctorate from the University of Minnesota’s School of Dentistry in 1986. Voted as the Best Cosmetic Dentist in Flagstaff by the Flagstaff Business News in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018. He was also voted Best Dentist in the AZ Daily Sun’s 2015 Edition of “Best of Flagstaff!” He and the team at Flagstaff Downtown Dental know what it takes to make a smile look beautiful, so if you are ready to be rid of your imperfections and say hello to a new smile, visit our website or call (928) 774-1168.