Self-Conscious About Your Smile? Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help!
The way your teeth look affects more than just your appearance – it also has a huge impact on how you feel. Not to mention that navigating your personal and professional life is a lot easier when feel comfortable showing your smile off. But, while very few people are born with a “perfect” smile, rest assured that cosmetic dentistry in Flagstaff can help! In this blog, you’ll learn more about how an attractive smile improves your self-confidence and find out which procedures may be perfect for you.
How a Great Smile Improves Your Self-Confidence
Stains and discoloration, small or oddly-shaped teeth, chips and cracks, and metal fillings are just some of the flaws that can make you feel self-conscious. You may even be in the habit of covering your mouth when you smile or laugh (or worse, trying not to smile at all).
But you might be surprised at what you miss out on by not smiling. Countless studies have shown that it benefits you in the following ways:
- The simple act of smiling, even if it’s a forced smile, improves your mood and stimulates the “pleasure centers” in your brain (which are the same parts of the brain that respond to chocolate).
- Researchers have found that people perceive you as being smarter, better-looking, and more likable when you smile.
- Smiling also lowers stress in difficult situations. In fact, a study in the journal Psychological Science found that smiling reduces the heart rate and other physiological responses to stress.
Which Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Are Right For You?
Everyone is different, so the first step in a smile makeover is a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist in Flagstaff. After evaluating your needs and goals, they might recommend any of the following procedures (all of which are usually done in just 1 to 2 visits):
- Professional whitening – Whitening is a great way to help your smile shine. But since the FDA limits the strength of store-bought options, you’ll get the most reliable results from professional treatments.
- Direct bonding – Sometimes called cosmetic bonding, this procedure is often perfect for small chips, cracks or other minor imperfections on the front teeth.
- Metal-free restorations -Whether you need a filling, dental crown or bridge, metal-free options will blend in beautifully with the rest of your smile so that no one will know you’ve had dental work.
- Gum recontouring – This procedure is great for “gummy smiles.” And when you see a dentist who uses a soft tissue laser, you’ll have significantly faster healing and less discomfort.
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are the ultimate procedure for making dramatic changes and can be completed in just 2 visits. They’re often a great choice for chips, cracks, severe stains, small or misshapen teeth, and more.
Regardless of which procedures are right for you, you can bet that cosmetic dentistry is a fantastic investment in your confidence that will pay off for many years.
Comments are closed.